The General Terms and Conditions governing the services to be provided by or on behalf of the public limited company Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V.
- The relationship between the client and Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. shall be governed exclusively by the laws of The Netherlands.
- Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. shall only operate as contracting agent vis-à-vis the client. Articles 404 and 407(2) of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code shall not be applicable.
- Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. shall be obliged to exercise the due care that, in the given circumstances, may reasonably be expected from it with respect to the services provided by or on its behalf. Achieving the intended result is not guaranteed by Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. The client has an obligation to cooperate with everything necessary for the proper performance of the assignment. Documents of services provided by or on behalf of Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. will be kept for five years after the conclusion of the provision of services and will be destroyed thereafter, safe for originals which will be provided to the client if possible.
- If required for a proper performance of the assignment, Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. , in carrying out the assignment, may involve persons who are not, whether directly or indirectly, connected with Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. A shortcoming of such person may be attributed to Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V., provided that the client proves that Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. did not act with due care when choosing such person.
- If and to the extent it is not agreed upon otherwise, work and costs shall be charged in Euros. Advance payments may be asked for work still to be performed. Work already performed may be charged at appropriate intervals. Invoices shall be paid, without any discount or deduction, by having the amount due entered onto the Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. bank account within the term as referred to in the invoice. Client may be charged for all collecting costs associated with failure to pay in time. The hourly rates of Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. are adjusted annually in January. The current adjustment percentage can be provided on request.
- A claim in respect of an alleged failure under paragraph 3 on the part of Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. will not be sustainable if the client fails to protest within sixty (60) days after he has discovered or reasonably could have discovered such failure. In any event, any claim for damages or any other claim in respect of an alleged failure on the part of Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. shall lapse twelve (12) months after the event from which the damage directly or indirectly resulted and for which Wladimiroff Advocaten N.V. is responsible.